Pink Sheets

Monday, June 06, 2005

Another Successful Weekend of Doing Nothing

Another weekend in the mountains. It was fantastic and completely stress free. I love it. I can sleep all day and only feel a tinge of guilt about it when Brian has a sudden urge to makeover the cabin. I do the dishes, without a dishwasher, so my guilt only lasts a few minutes. Also, his parents set up their trailer at the bottom of the hill, so if I want to eat (which I always do) I have to walk to the bottom of the hill. If I want to nap (which I always do) I have to climb back to the top of the hill. I get a lot of exercise. See how guiltless mountain lounging can be. It’s great!!

Also, I have decided that I can’t wait until retirement. I know, you might think this isn’t such a great revelation, but I always thought retired persons were bored. I hate being bored. They don’t work, they don’t have kids to take care of. I thought they would lose their minds with nothing to do. However, I have since changed my mind. Retirees have the absolute best life. What could possibly be better than sitting in the sun in a lounge chair, with a glass of wine in your hand and the box of wine on the table next you? Seriously, can you think of anything better? I can’t. Then, after an afternoon of drinking and chatting with family you can take a short nap, have dinner and go to bed. It’s sounds perfect. Of course, I’m having alcohol withdrawals right now, which could be the obsession I have with drinking, but I think it sounds like a nice little life to me.

The baby thing is becoming more real to me everyday. My tummy is now the shape of a honeydew melon. I can barely fit into my khakis and I only have two pairs of jeans that I can squeeze into. They’re my normal size, but they’re stretchy, so they stretch. My supervisor is loaning me her crib, which is wonderful, and she says she’ll get with me this week about a time to have it delivered, possibly this weekend. Can you believe it?!! I’m going to have my first piece of baby furniture. It makes me a little queasy. I’m not sure if it’s excitement or nervousness. Hmm. It doesn’t matter because I am completely excited. I don’t know why. It wasn’t a planned pregnancy. Neither Riley nor Darby were planned. I love them more than anything, but during the pregnancies, I was pretty indifferent about having a baby. (After they were born, however, my indifference turned to elation. I never knew you could love something so small, so much.) For some reason the situation is different and I have been excited since about two days after I found out. (There was an adjustment period.) It seems like it is going by so slowly and will never get there. Of course, by the time November rolls around I’ll probably be completely unprepared. That’s okay.

3 Comments:

  • um.. i'm getting a puppy. :) no kids for me. but i am actually very excited to see how excited you are getting! so i'll live vicariously through you. :)

    weekends where you do nothing are so great! i can't wait for retirement either. i like staying at home and not *having* to do anything but getting to do whatever i want.

    By Blogger cat, at 12:48 PM, June 06, 2005  

  • You're getting a puppy!!!! Are you going to post pictures? When?? You need to write details. Do you have one picked out. Ohh, I'm so excited. I love puppies.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:33 PM, June 06, 2005  

  • i rather like your life too hun
    and rather jealous you've a bump when i'll never have another....

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 1:47 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home