Pink Sheets

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dreams Aren't So Unusual

I had a dream last night that I was nine months pregnant and in labor. The labor took forever and it was painless. Brian was there and he was lying in the bed with me-naked? My doctor was the first lady on the West Wing, otherwise known as Stockard Channing. It was so obscure yet completely understandable.

First of all I’m pregnant. It’s perfectly logical that I have dreams about going into labor. However, everyone believes my labor will be short and sweet. In fact, I’m a little worried about not making it to the hospital in time. The first pregnancy my labor lasted about 13 hours, which seems normal. The second pregnancy lasted about three and a half hours. My water broke around 9 pm and I had a baby girl at 12:20 am. Plus, it was not painless. It hurt like hell and I was not happy about the fact there was no time for an epideral. I really wanted that epideral, damn it.

Now, it’s reasonable that Brian is with me in the delivery room, because hopefully he will be with me when I have the baby, I just hope he puts some clothes on before we go to the hospital. I’m pretty sure he was naked because he sleeps in the nude. I hope that’s not too much information, but it’s the only possible reason for him being naked. I don’t sleep naked. This irritates Brian for some reason and he complains about “all the clothes” I wear to bed. All these clothes I’m wearing usually consist of panties and a t-shirt. Sometimes, I just wear the panties. He’s a freak, I’m normal. That’s what it comes down to. End of the discussion.

Now my doctor. My actual doctor isn’t Stockard Channing, nor is he anyone famous. He’s just my doctor. Nothing too spectacular though I do like him. He’s pleasant and has a southern accent, which I find endearing. Anyway, I dreamt that Ms. Channing was my doctor because Brian and I have been watching season 4 of the West Wing. If you don’t watch the show, Stockard Channing plays the wife of the President and before becoming first lady she was a doctor. That makes sense, sort of. Plus, her character is one of my favorites on the show. I actually love the show and I love all the characters, but I have always been a fan of Stockard Channing. She's fabulous and beautiful and her character is saucy. I would love to have her as my gyno, if she was in fact a gyno, which she isn't so I'll stick with my more experienced, southern doctor.

Aren’t you happy I analyzed my dream for you? I’m thinking I should do this for a living since I'm so great at it.

Other news: I’m taking Thursday and Friday off. Yippee!! I love days off. Though Brian has a workshop all day for school so it will just be the kids and me, but oh well. I really didn’t have a choice because the babysitter is going out of town. I hope it’s nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home