Pink Sheets

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Disturbed

Idaho has made the national news because of a horrific story involving murder, kidnapping, and child rape. It's so disgusting. I found this news article that the "suspect" had a blog. I don't really want to link my blog to his, so you can go to the article if your at all curious.

I went to the blog, but I didn't read very much. I don't think I really want to know what a sick person like himself has to write. It was just so weird to even go to his blog. I went to the bottom of the page and read the first one. It seemed like any other blog at that point. I'm sure it progressively became creepier. Then I read the comments. Most people posted anonymously. I wonder why not post your name? Do they really care if this deranged person knows who they are? I doubt he will even see the comments they leave. So, I'm wondering what the point is anyway. Besides, I suspect that someone as sick as him, probably takes some kind of pleasure in knowing that people find him utterly disgusting.

The story, if you haven't heard anything about it, is completely disturbing. The details are pretty shady at this point and I just have a million questions, most of them consisting of why. Why did he tie up the mother, boyfriend, and older brother and then bludgeon them to death? Just to kidnap the eight and nine year old? Why is the nine year old boy not alive anymore, but the eight year old girl is? Why did he chose them to kidnap and torture through sexual acts? Why was he ever released from any facility or jail, ever? I hate even thinking what could have gone on in the month that he had that little girl and boy, who are approximately Riley's age.
If you go to the first link, that story will direct you to more links at the bottom with more details about what happened. It's one of the most horrible things I have heard about in quite awhile. I hope that little girl receives the help she is going to so desperately need. I feel so bad for her.

5 Comments:

  • My God. It really won't matter how much "help" she receives. She's never going to be able to fully recover. I don't think anybody with a history of childhood sexual abuse does. It's a mark, or multiple marks, really, that just continue on forever. That you wear, and always remember. And with it being that violent? That traumatic (not that it ever ISN'T traumatic)? She's probably going to feel completely dead inside most of her life.

    And WOW did I just reveal a lot about myself with that one little comment.

    By Blogger Beth, at 12:08 PM, July 08, 2005  

  • Yeah, I think we found out a little bit more about you in a just a few words. :)You're right though, no matter how much help she receives this will haunt her for her entire life. I just hope she has and will always have supportive people around her.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:39 PM, July 08, 2005  

  • i've been pretty closed off from the worl this week after all that wedding stuff... but i heard about this and it's horrid. poor girl, poor family. i just don't get people sometimes..

    By Blogger cat, at 2:01 PM, July 08, 2005  

  • I know you have been! Welcome back! Is this temporary or are you here to stay?

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:18 PM, July 08, 2005  

  • You know...I could shoot that man today and not feel guilty. NOT ONE BIT.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 1:28 PM, July 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home