Pink Sheets

Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Weekly Update

Alright, alright. I'm getting sick of writing about babies all the damn time. I can't help it though. It's the most exciting thing going on in my life right now. I realize that's not saying much. I have a pretty simple life. However, I happen to be enjoying my simple little life so that isn't a complaint.

Nothing too new is going on. Brian is going to be finished with school soon and he's been looking for a job. I don't really like to talk about it all that much because I don't want to jinx the search. So, he's put his resumé out there. How's that?

Chloe's leg is still bugging her because we have been debating on what to do. Hope it gets better, which it does for awhile and then she's crippled again, or pay $500 to have her operated on. Hmmm, I'm not sure about that one. Speaking of my Chloe monster I posted some new pictures of her. She simply is the cutest dog in the world. I told Brian we're probably the only people who think she's so cute, but I think that's how puppy ownership works.

Today I cleaned the house, as I do every Saturday, so that's not news. I did, however, put all the laundry away and since that hasn't been done for about 1.5 weeks, I say that is news. I am also making a roast. We haven't had a roast in months and months and months and I think it sounds delicious. Brian made corned beef the other week when the kids were all here. Apparently, no one likes corned beef. It didn't go over too well with them and I already knew I didn't like it. My poor, sweet Brian. He said that he wasn't ever making dinner again, but that's not true. He made me dinner practically everyday last week.

I was thinking the other day in the car about how I listen to some music really loud. I'm completely jamming out to some song on the radio, when I realize the song is-how should I put this- dorky. I would be so embarrassed if someone heard me singing along to this horribly old, not a goody, song. Do you know what I mean? For instance, the other day I was listening to Barry Manilow, full blast, singing along. When I realized what I was doing I double checked to make sure my windows were up. Barry Manilow. How dorky am I? I only know the songs because my parent's use to listen to him when I was younger. Now look what's become of me. It's quite sad. I do this all the time, with various artists. I know you do it too. Don't deny it. Of course, it's not like I have a Barry Manilow album or anything so I think I still have my cool kid card. I think.

Well, I don't have much else to report. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I am so far.

3 Comments:

  • I would really like one of those simple lives, please!

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:04 PM, July 23, 2005  

  • Well, it's not so easy. You have to go through a lot of crap before life finally gives you a little break. You should probably be pretty close. Right? :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:36 AM, July 24, 2005  

  • "Someone" made you dinner? That sounds like it wasn't just some regular dinner. I hope everything went well. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:35 AM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home