Pink Sheets

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Stuff Should Just Go My Way

Ugh! Things are still crazy in my house. I’m not completely prepared for the kids to go back to school, though I have a doctor’s appointment set up this afternoon for Darby to get her Kindergarten immunizations. That relieves me a bit. I don’t know exactly what is going on with the uniforms, but I have been told they are ordered and will be here any day, so I won’t be without on the first day of school. We’ll see.

Brian is looking for a job and while I don’t want to jinx anything by discussing it, the job we thought was going to work out is not working out the way we had hoped. It’s still not a lost cause, but it is quickly starting to look that way and it makes me upset. I really wanted him to have this particular job. He hasn’t really been searching since the prospect of this job came about, so I told him he should begin looking again. If this works out, it works out. If not, it’s not the end of the world. I want it to work out. I really, really want it to. Again, we’ll see.

Chloe has successfully been sleeping outside in her kennel. Brian believes she likes to sleep outside and while I don’t entirely agree, she doesn’t seem to hate it, so this looks permanent. He says that I shouldn’t make it such a big deal. She’s a dog, she’s not a person. She wants to sleep outside, she doesn’t think it’s horrible. Fine, but she is a little bit of person. She is. I’m telling you. She’s like a little kid. That has to count for something, right?

Brian is taking all three kids to the cabin tonight, by himself, and will return on Saturday morning. I have to stay home to go to work. How sad for me. I will be all alone for two nights. Usually, I love being left alone for a little while, but lately I have been getting a lot of alone time, and it hasn’t been all it’s cracked up to be. I am now missing our together time. I need more, but I will of course survive.

So, don’t I sound so sad and pathetic?? I shouldn’t because things are not entirely bad, and in fact, most of the time I am perfectly happy, it’s just so much seems to be going on at once. I feel overwhelmed at times. Maybe the alone time will be good for me. Maybe I’ll be able to get some things done and I won’t feel so crazy about everything. Maybe everything will work out like it should, or rather, how I want it to and life will once again be balanced. Sounds perfectly fine to me.

5 Comments:

  • I've got to agree with your spouse on this one, sugar. It's just a dog.

    UNLESS, of course, it's MY dog. Then it's part human too.

    By Blogger Beth, at 7:17 AM, August 18, 2005  

  • Yeah, that's what I thought. It's always different when it's your dog. :) My dog is human too, she is!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:58 AM, August 18, 2005  

  • I know, I know. I am just losing my mind these days. I think it has to be mostly hormone related, though I go crazy every once in awhile, even without baby. The other day I was dressing for work and looked in the mirror and almost cried. Just for no reason. I'm not a person who cries on a regular basis.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:20 PM, August 18, 2005  

  • i'm not a big fan of making your dog sleep outside (not *your* dog, i just mean that generally!!) people who think dogs are less than people just because they are a pet bug me. but anyhow...

    i hear you on the job thing... shawn has been unemployed for EVER and his unemployment benefits are running out, um, now. and i can't afford this all on my own and he hasn't been making an effort at all to look and then his friend said he'd get him a job at his company so the looking stopped completely anfd then he DIDN'T GET IT. and now he's too bummed to look for anything else.

    yeah. when we're living in a box in an alleyway then we can talk. *fume*

    By Blogger cat, at 7:57 AM, August 20, 2005  

  • I know what you mean about dog owners. The people behind us leave they're dog outside 24/7. They never play with her or interact with her in any way. What's the point of having a dog!!!

    Money worries suck, but I agree, we shouldn't complain until we're out on the street with nothing, I suppose. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:03 AM, August 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home