Pink Sheets

Monday, August 08, 2005

Birthday-Parts 3 and 4

Alright, we are coming to the end of my birthday celebrations. Saturday Brian brought me home a Barbie cake after his class, we ordered Chinese food and opened my presents. I loved my Barbie cake. It was perfect. Riley and Jordan are so sweet. They gave me a Dukes of Hazzard poster featuring none other than Jessica Simpson. I have no idea where I’m going to hang it quite yet, probably in my closet. Darby gave me the Beyonce CD I asked for and Brian came through with the Faulkner books I had on my list, as well as the Chocolate Barbie I wanted. I will be posting pics of my loot soon.

Sunday we went to breakfast at IHOPS with my mom and two sisters. It was bearable. I didn’t die like I thought I might. I have low expectations for time spent with my family. I don’t know why. Brian says it’s because I’m a bitch. Rude!!! Anyway, I had French Toast and it was delicious and the kids ate their entire breakfast which is always pretty good so the breakfast was a success.

Now all that’s left is my birthday movie. I wanted to go see Dukes of Hazzard, but now I’m not so sure. I know it’s not going to be a great movie with great dialogue and a great plot line, however, I don’t know that I want to spend all that money on something that’s going to be just so-so. I might wait until it goes to the dollar theatres and see something I’m positive will be entertaining for my birthday. Who knows.

Peter Jennings passed away. I don’t know why, but I find this sad. I don’t even watch the news and when I do, it usually isn’t ABC, but I heard the news last night and I was mournful.

But, I had a fabulous birthday and I’m very happy how everything turned out. And I love that Brian is so sweet and does everything to make sure my birthday is fun!!!

4 Comments:

  • I was at an even that Peter Jennings spoke at last year. He was very genuine, courteous - oozed charm (and I'm not even really a Jennings fan!). It was not long after that that I found out he had cancer. It's very odd now, hearing about his death. I'm shocked, but its even more of a reality jolt realizing someone like that isn't immortal.

    By Blogger Beth, at 9:24 AM, August 08, 2005  

  • I think that might be why it's so shocking. How can Peter Jennings die of lung cancer of all things? It is shocking. He wasn't a young man, but he certainly isn't old enough to pass on. At least I don't think those.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:53 AM, August 08, 2005  

  • i was going to ask you if you got your barbie and huzzah! it's the chocolate one!!!

    yes, post photos of the loot! (and another one of how your belly is progressing!)

    By Blogger cat, at 3:12 PM, August 08, 2005  

  • Alright, belly pictures are coming soon. I promise. I'm such a slacker, I know.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:09 AM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home