Pink Sheets

Sunday, September 18, 2005

And Now For Your Weekend Update

-Brian has hurt his knee. He doesn't know how. He woke up Saturday morning and it was swollen. Now he can't seem to walk or sit or lay down or do much of anything actually. I am forcing him to go see a Doc in the Box this afternoon. He is going with much reluctance, because he's a boy and boys tend to just sit and wait for things to get better on their own. Does that ever happen?

-Riley and Darby are going to Disney World with their dad on Tuesday. I worry about them being so far away. What is that about? I don't tend to worry so much when they're at their dad's house, whom lives across town. I don't worry they'll be in a car wreck or they'll get some unexplainable illness, even though both of those things could possibly happen. But the thought of them being on an eight hour flight and riding those crazy rides at the happiest place on earth makes me uneasy. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm really, really glad their grand parents will be with them.

-Because their dad is somewhat insane and he is becoming more and more unstable by the day. He has recently acquired a new girlfriend, which is completely and totally fine with me. However, he has been rather hostile the last few weeks, which seem to coincide with his starting to date this new girl. Now Riley has freaked out. He says he hates his girlfriend and he is so mad at his dad for having her over, which is beginning to sound more and more like she has moved in. Still, this is fine by me, but it seems Riley isn't adjusting to this drastic change so well. And how could he, his dad has been such a fricking martyr about the whole dating thing. Telling them he isn't going to get a girlfriend until they get older because they are his life. Blah, fucking blah. Giving me a God damn break. Now he's paying the consequences for his stupidity and it makes me laugh and today when I drop the kids off I'll tell him so. When I talk to the kids, however, I tell them they should give their dad a break. He needs someone in his life, besides them and they should be happy for him.

-This is how the conversation went. "Why are you angry your dad has a girlfriend, Riley?" He responds: "Because, they kiss." I tell him, "Brian kisses Mommy and you don't get mad about that do you?" He says, "no because you don't kiss in bed."

"Yes we do." He looks somewhat disgusted, "well, we don't have to hear it. We can hear her and Daddy kiss in bed."

"Is that the only reason you don't like her?" He doesn't even hesitate, "no, I also don't like her because he goes in the bathroom when she's taking a shower and he sees her naked."

"Well, Riley, Brian has seen Mommy naked and that doesn't seem to upset you."

"What?!! He has?!!! We didn't know that!" Okay, well, maybe I shouldn't have used that example. I just assumed he knew that Brian has seen me naked.

Anyway, there was much more to the conversation. He is also upset about her having a son about 2 years old, that seems to take up much of his dad's time and what basically comes down to him being jealous of not being the center of his dad's universe anymore, and who could blame them? Their dad did this to himself.

-On a better topic, Brian and I have made reservations at the Ashley Inn for next weekend. I'm very excited. It's near his parent's cabin so we're going to spend a night at the cabin and night in the Fireside Room. We wanted the Bay Suite, but it wasn't available. I just wanted to stay there and this is the weekend we can do it, so I settled on what they had available. It should be fun though.

All right. I feel pretty good about my update. Now I just need to read my favorite blogs and I will be back on track.

4 Comments:

  • i wouldn't want to hear peope kissing in bed either. ew. i'm with riley. :)

    hope you have fun and relaxation at the hotel. and your kiddies will be fine at disney... too bad you don't get to go though .:)

    By Blogger cat, at 9:31 AM, September 19, 2005  

  • I hope we do have fun, of course Brian has his bum knee so we may be a little restricted on what we do. I guess being confined to a nice little hotel room can't be that bad right? :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:13 AM, September 19, 2005  

  • Kids notice too much. When our bedroom door is closed...DJ announces to his brother, "They're having sex in there." (omg!)

    It's funny...he didn't think anyone would see HIS mom naked! Too cute!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:42 AM, September 24, 2005  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:42 AM, September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home