Pink Sheets

Friday, April 02, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I can't tell you if this week was better than last. I think it's a wash. It wasn't bad it, it wasn't necessarily good.

The kids have Spring Break this week. I feel bad that they haven't been able to do much. I was going to take some time off but I'm running out of days. And it's only March. I actually have a lot of days but the days I'm taking off for the wedding are pretty much set in stone. They can't be rearranged, so Spring Break had to be sacrificed. They have had some sleep overs so I don't feel too horribly bad.

Last Sunday Brian and I (and Jillian helped) completely gutted the kids' rooms and the play room. They look so much better. We just got rid of so many things. It was so nice. The play room is pretty much going to be for Jillian now since she has the most "toys". She still plays with My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop and her kitchen. The other kids are more into electronic "toys" right now so they don't take up as much room.

Baseball season has begun. Lots of practices. And they're long. It's exhausting. I spend my evenings dropping off and picking up kids. But that's just how it works I suppose. Jillian is playing soccer again and her practice is only 1/2 hour a week so that's a nice break. And since Darby decided to do cheerleading that's only one day a week. I love it. Now if I could just get the boys to do something that was one day a week...Maybe in the fall.

Anyway, it's a little amusing having the kids home all day. For instance Darby calls me at least once a day, but that's only if she's at friends' house. When she's home, she calls oh I don't three or four times a day. And she instant messages me on Facebook. She just sent me a message asking if I love the bunny more than her. I do love the bunny...

I'm horrible at instant messages though because I don't have all the lingo down. I know what the important stuff is, like OMG and WTF. But I asked Darby the other day where she was going to dinner and she wrote back IDK. And I had no idea what that was. I'm just old. Oh well, that happens.

I think my mood has improved since last week, which is good, but my situation is still pretty much the same. I should try and fix that. Out with the old and in with the new. Spring clean my life a little. Maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home