Pink Sheets

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Post Not About Work...Sort Of

I have not been much for blogging lately. I can't get past my work stuff and I know it's so boring...but it's what I have on my mind lately. So I'll do a run down of what we've been doing and you might get mention of work thrown in, but I'll try and not to dwell on it. How's that?



-Darby has been sent off to camp. She left Saturday morning. She stayed at her friend's condo Saturday and Sunday and her friend's mom is taking them off to camp this morning. On Friday the mom will pick them up and they will stay at the condo over night and come home Saturday. I think on Friday afternoon I'll drive up and stay with them Friday and drive Darby back down on Saturday with the Jilly Bean.



-I feel weird writing condo. Darby went to her friend's condo. When I say it in my head it comes out with some kind of accent. I don't know which kind exactly but a snobby one. I'm not good with accents. They have a condo in McCall. It's not weird. People have condos in McCall. They are the only people I know with a condo in McCall. Brian's family has a cabin near McCall. My friend at work has a cabin near McCall. I don't know many people with a condo in McCall. Maybe it's the way they talk about the condo that makes it weird. I don't know.



-Brian's sister in law used to talk about her Tahoe the way Darby's friend's mom talks about the condo. The Tahoe. She always brought up her car at every possible occasion. It was the weirdest thing. I never knew anyone to talk about a vehicle so much.



-I talk about my Honda sometimes. I like my Honda. It's cute and it's two door and the perfect shade of blue. Brian said we need to trade it in for Hyundai. I told him I absolutely was not going to trade my Honda in for a Hyundai. I guess I can see how some people might grow attached to things they own.

-I'm poking fun, but I do like these people. I'm sure I reference items in an annoying manner at times. It's just funny. That's all I'm saying.

-Riley and Jordan went to the county fair on Saturday with Riley's grandma and grandpa. I think they had way too much fun. They ate tons and tons of junk food, got tattoos, went on a million rides, one was called the Zipper and apparently it was so scary. They didn't even want to go on it again. They described it as follows:

You go backwards and forwards and all the wards you can think of. Then it tips you upside down and right side up over and over again. It started to slow down and we thought the ride was over. We were like "okay we're safe now and then AHHHHHHH! It started over again but this time going the other way".

-Come to think of it, this is how my days at work are.

-Jordan was also kicked in the face by a mechanical bull. There doesn't seem to be any trauma. He isn't deathly afraid of bulls now or anything. He just has a huge bruise on his face. I think he'll survive the experience. And now he has a great story to tell people.

-Have a great Monday! Friday is only a few days away. Woo Hoo!



7 Comments:

  • My mother and sister each drive a Tuscon. They refer to them as "The Tuce".
    Really.

    By Blogger Jay, at 9:56 PM, July 28, 2008  

  • Sounds like you been busy anyway...

    Ooooo, condo. I'm so out of your league! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 AM, July 29, 2008  

  • I'm sure I have several things I annoy people about. I have to watch their face closely though to figure out if I'm offending them, because I can never tell what people are sensitive about.
    And I love our 11 yr. old Honda CRV too! Our family is driving it until the doors fall off.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:01 AM, July 29, 2008  

  • I'll probably drive my 5-year old Grand Am til it falls apart. It gets good gas mileage (now that's important). Funny thing, when I purchased it, everyone was driving SUV's. I was kinda swallowed up on the road... but now, I have the last laugh.

    Hubby still drives his gas-guzzlin' Tahoe but it's 13 years old, paid for and runs good. Well, both vehicles are paid for. Mostly he *parks* the Tahoe and drives the Grand Am, when I don't have it.

    By Blogger Karen, at 9:49 AM, July 29, 2008  

  • Just stopping by to check in! Have a great week.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:28 AM, July 30, 2008  

  • The Zipper IS scary. But only after two kids here died from falling out of one a few years back. . Dumb circus staff didn't shut the cage properly.

    Lawsuit.

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:05 AM, July 30, 2008  

  • Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm finally back in town. Love your site.

    My mom, with her broken English, always mixes up "condo" with "condom." Hilarity always ensues!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9:50 AM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home