Pink Sheets

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bits and Pieces

The other day on the way home from work Brian and I took another route in order to get gas. I'm driving along, minding my own business when Brian hurriedly tells me to stop and let the kid cross on the crosswalk. I'm a little taken aback and start to immediately slow down because I didn't notice the kid on the crosswalk. Which would make sense considering it was a fire hydrant and not a kid at all. Of course, as Brian pointed out, it was a very tall fire hydrant.

Riley had his 5th game last night. I think it's been five, maybe it's only been four. I don't think last Saturday's game counted. I don't know how it all works yet. Anyway, they have lost all their games. It's so sad. The first two they lost by several, and I mean several points. The last ones were only by one or two points. I hope that means they're getting better.

I think I've mentioned before that this is Riley's first year playing baseball, which I completely feel guilty about, especially now that he's started and I see how far behind he is, but it's his first year. His first year playing any type of organized sport actually and I think he's doing well. Probably because I'm his mom and of course I would think that, but he does well and he really tries hard and he's having a wonderful time. Anyway, there's this obnoxious dad on the team who is one of those big, loud types. I can't stand him. He's always yelling things at the kids that aren't helpful and what not and usually he isn't there so I don't have to listen to him often, but yesterday Riley was stealing a base and he commented to the mom sitting next to me how he didn't run very fast and he was really slow. Hello! I'm sitting right here. The least you could do is say it behind my back where I can't hear you. What a fat dumb ass. Anyway, the other mom knows that I'm Riley's mom and she didn't agree or disagree with him but rather changed the focus to another slow kid. Something like "you should see Billy run. It's like he's towing a tractor." Regardless, Riley is going to be running bases this week as practice. What a fat dummy.

Oh and I felt much better about not saying anything to this fat dummy as the evening progressed because he really is a dope. His other son needed to use the restroom and he told him, and I'm quoting word for word, "if anyone tries to touch you kick him in the balls". Seriously you can't get much tactless than that.

I heard on the radio this morning that women, on average, are grouchy 3 hours of every day. My three hours are in the morning. I can't help it. Apparently I'm not a morning person, which is weird because I don't necessarily like to sleep in late.

Yesterday my co-worker mentioned how she doesn't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs and those people who wake up in wonderful moods. She says there's something not right with them. She's funny.

This weekend is another busy one. Everyone have a good one!

6 Comments:

  • Women grouchy only 3 hours a day? I would have bet a months salary it would have been double that! Present company the exception I am sure! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:17 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • I'm grouchy when I'm hungry...so don't get between me and my food! AS the for the fat dummy, I'm always poking Hubby because he says stupid stuff like that all the time. One time he was disgusted with a kid in soccer who was holding his chest when he ran. Hubby goes..."geez...it's not like he has a heart problem!" Well...the kid DID! He had had open heart surgery 2 years earlier! I was so embarrassed and just waited for the mom to pound him! But she didn't and has never spoken to me again! I should have pounded Hubby!!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:58 PM, April 20, 2007  

  • Ha, ha, Rick. I'm sure that we have our days, but I would say 3-4 hours a day is pretty accurate.


    Envoyette! You should have pounded your hubby. How funny!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:23 AM, April 23, 2007  

  • i'm grouchy first thing and when i'm hungry!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM, April 23, 2007  

  • I've always enjoyed being above average. I'm grouchy at least 5-6 hours of the day. :)

    I remember when Zed first started organized sports. It seems that if you don't start them from diapers, they always have a long, difficult transition to 'experience'. Just have fun with it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 PM, April 24, 2007  

  • LOL So we wonder how one measures "grouchy". LOL Now I'm going to pay attention to my grouchy meter and see how many hours I get. LOL

    Chelle

    By Blogger Chelle / Chel, at 9:45 AM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home