Pink Sheets

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another Kid Update

I survived Saturday afternoon with the three games and a hair appointment. It wasn't so bad. Especially since my mom was nice enough to come over and watch Jillian during my appointment and for Darby's game. This made her bearable for the day. She would have never survived the entire three games. But she certainly was good for the two baseball games.

I think she likes to go. And the boys love seeing her. They are so funny. At Riley's game she went up to the dugout and was hanging out with him. A few minutes later I heard one of Riley's team mates exclaim, "ew, gross!!! I can't believe you touched that!!" And Riley answer, "what?! I had to get it away from my baby sister!" I have no idea what that baby had and I personally do not want to know. Whatever it was completely grossed out a ten year old and I think it's best left a mystery.

We arrived at Jordan's game a few minutes late. He was already out on the field covering third. He didn't notice us right away but when he did I waved and smiled at him. He then left his base, running as fast as he could, the team mom asking him where he was going. He ran right up to Jillian and poked her on the nose with his finger and ran back to third. It was so silly. All the moms ahhed of course.

I find it cute the boys like her so much. Of course who wouldn't completely adore her? She's adorable. Of course, she has her issues. Take for instance the refusing to speak. She does not say words. At all. I know she has the capability to say them. I've heard her use some words. Sporadically. But she won't tell us what she wants or what she sees. I'm getting a little frustrated with her grunts and her pointing finger. I know she can talk, but it's like she intentionally holds back. I just wish she would start talking!

6 Comments:

  • that is so cute that he did that!! i don't think many lads his age would!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 PM, April 17, 2007  

  • Awww. That is sweet. Both that they're looking out for her and for paying close attention to her.

    Elle did the point and grunt thing too. I got to a point where I wouldn't give her anything until she asked for it. Put stuff just out of reach until she broke down and said the word. It's easy for them...they have plenty of other people to do the talking for them!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM, April 18, 2007  

  • Maybe that's the key, Jolynn, interstellarlass' last sentence...

    "It's easy for them...they have plenty of other people to do the talking for them!"

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:36 PM, April 18, 2007  

  • Glad you had a great time! It was nice to hear from you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:46 PM, April 18, 2007  

  • Thanks for the link! Back at you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:46 PM, April 18, 2007  

  • Awhhh, well she is absolutely adorable! What big brother wouldnt be proud! :)

    And you know... the quiet ones are the smart ones. Watching and learning!

    By Blogger and rudeness, at 1:22 PM, April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home