Pink Sheets

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Slow News Day

I don't have much going on, which I suppose is good, but I plan to write a little something anyway.

This weekend will consist of me, Jillian and the dog. The dog stays outside so basically, it's Jillan and me. We plan to do nothing but watch movies and hang out. Jillian has no idea about this plan yet.

When the kids return I am having our Halloween Party. Next week is the last time I'll have them all together before Halloween so this is the only time to do it. With that I'm incorporating Chloe's (the dog's) birthday because I forgot about it. Oops. Brian just mentioned this today. He thought I was just putting it off, which might be the case sometimes, but not this time.

I'm also planning a Halloween party for work. We're going to have an ice cream social. Really the only reason for the celebration is because I bought ice cream toppings for a birthday party that were never used. I would hate for them to go to waste, so may as well have a party.

I feel like totatl crap today. I thought I was going to puke, but luckily for me and my cube mates, that has passed. And no it's not morning sickness. And yes, I'm positive. Hmph!

My friend and I have discovered just how little privacy we have here in our workspace. We were having a very secret, very private conversation about how my hubcap fell off my car and I didn't want to tell Brian because he'll be irritated about it. It was all very hush-hush. Her advice to me was to play dumb. When he asks about the missing hubcap (and yes he will ask) just tell him you have no idea what happened. Great plan! Except. While we were discussing all of this Brian walked by and heard our conversation! I'm so glad he didn't take it the wrong way. He thought it was funny and gave me a hard time about it. And still is today. A little. Needless to say, our convo's are going to be much quieter. Much.

Anyway, I may have something more tomorrow. If not have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

  • Your office sounds like one of those sitcom offices, where people appear at just the right time to overhear and/or misinterpret secret conversations. And there's even a "love interest" ...

    Are you sure you don't work in front of a live studio audience?

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 7:30 PM, October 12, 2006  

  • Haha! We're moving our offices in a few months, into space that will be more cubicles than not. Ripe for overhearing conversations!

    By Blogger Monique, at 10:19 AM, October 13, 2006  

  • I have worked in cubicles before and I think they just help to "funnel" the noise out. great huh?

    By Blogger always kris, at 10:32 AM, October 13, 2006  

  • I'm having a yucky day myself, but this ice cream social business maybe perked me up a bit.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:30 PM, October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home