Pink Sheets

Monday, May 01, 2006

Loser!

This weekend was pretty uneventful as usual, however we did go shopping. I know that doesn’t sound like anything new, but we bought new accessories for our front room and it looks like a whole new room. It was amazing actually. We bought a couple of throw pillows, a new area rug, a clock, and a lamp and I love the way it looks. I’m actually surprised by the change.

I decided I needed some sun this weekend so I laid out. I know that isn’t the thing these days, but I still do it. I don’t slather myself in baby oil by any means, I wear a low SPF sun screen and read a book for about 20 minutes. Not too bad and yet it still made a difference in my color. Besides, unless we go swimming I’m not in the sun that much. To Brian’s dismay and annoyance I do not like doing yard work. Not at all, not even a little. I like to find flowers for him to plant, but I absolutely do not like planting them. I hate mowing the lawn, I hate weed eating, I pretty much do not even like being in the yard when there are yard tools present. I enjoy our backyard after it has been mowed, the poop has been scooped, the sun is starting to set and I have a beer in my hand. How perfect is that?

This morning, being a Monday and all, I was a little frazzled and hurried. In my rush to get us all out of the house I forgot my stupid card that gets me into work. This used to not be such a big deal. I would just sign in at the front door and sign out after work. Now, however, we need our cards to access every single floor of our building. It’s quite ridiculous really. I have to use to get into the building. I have to use every time I want a cup of coffee. I have to use it to go to lunch, or meetings, or just visit Brian. It’s so annoying. Plus, if you forget it, your trapped in the stairwell. You have no way of getting out unless you have your damn card. Stay tuned for that post. I know for a fact I will one day be locked in the stairwell.

Anyway, they gave me a loaner card to use for the day. It’s attached to a bright red lanyard that has visitor all over it and the card itself says LOANER in huge print. So, now every one calls me loaner. You know, in that tone that you use when you call someone a loser. It’s so depressing. They even took a picture of me in my loaner card that they have threatened to use on my birthday. They’re threats are never idle. Come August 4th a pic of me wearing this stupid loaner card in a not so happy face is going to be plastered all over the 5th floor. They tried to snap me while I was flipping them off, but I was too quick. Ha! I just hope this isn’t a preview of how my entire day is going to go

5 Comments:

  • Since you're a "loaner" today, you'd better stay away from guns and grassy knolls ...

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 7:10 AM, May 02, 2006  

  • God I left my at home a while back and you would have thought it was THE end of the world:-}

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 9:01 AM, May 02, 2006  

  • *whine* I've missed you so much!

    By Blogger Beth, at 10:17 AM, May 02, 2006  

  • Lass, if they sent me home I would probably just end up staying home. That would be horrible, much worse than wearing the loaner tag, I suppose.

    Marguerite, I think I'll stay away from guns and grassy knolls always, just to be safe.

    Truckdriver it is the end of the world!!!

    Queenie--I've missed you too!!! *hugs*

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3:39 PM, May 02, 2006  

  • About a year ago the building I work in changed management companies, and also its security policy. We now have to use access cards to get into the building, which I absolutely hate. And we still get solicitors every once in awhile, so has the security really changed that much?

    Isn't it amazing how a few little changes can completely change the look of a room.

    By Blogger Trista, at 5:50 AM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home