Pink Sheets

Monday, July 31, 2006

Riley and Darby were talking on the way back to their dad's last night. I should really not allow them to speak.

Riley had gone fishing with his grandpa earlier that day and he was telling us about seeing a deer.

Darby: "Was it a baby deer?"

Riley: "No! If it was a baby deer Grandpa and I would be in danger! When there's a baby the mom isn't far away. It would probably ram our car."

Darby: "Hee hee."

Riley: "It's not funny Darby! If a deer rams the car we could die! It could explode!"

Darby: "Hee hee."

Riley: "Fine Darby, if you think it's so funny that I might die, I would think it was funny that you would die too!"

Darby: "Oh Riley. I doubt I'll ever die. Unless I get too old."

4 Comments:

  • I love it!!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 3:27 AM, August 01, 2006  

  • It sounds like Riley is a budding Hollywood screenwriter. I can see it now - a Bruce Willis-type movie where the lead character has to jump away from a car explosion caused by a Rambo-style renegade Deer, who wants revenge on humans, perhaps because they killed his mother Bambi.

    Have you ever noticed how, in the movies, cars seem to explode every time they, say, get a flat tire, or run into a curb?

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 7:28 AM, August 02, 2006  

  • Marguerite, it is strange how that happens. I'm glad my car doesn't blow up everytime I run into a curb, though one time my tire blew up. Does that count?

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:19 PM, August 02, 2006  

  • They crack me up!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:58 AM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home