Pink Sheets

Friday, July 14, 2006

Coming Soon

Well sports fans, it's about that time. The day that I turn 30 is coming up. I usually can't wait for my birthday, but this time I'm not so eager. Regardless of all the gifts I'm sure will be showered upon me. (Ha, ha. That's a little joke.) I did tell Brian that for my 30th birthday I expected big gifts. And by big I mean expensive. I'm not all that certain I'll be getting expensive. Or maybe I will. Maybe I'll get big and expensive. I would love that. But, big and expensive in our house usually means a community gift. You know, one I'll have to share with everyone. At this point though, I think I wouldn't mind getting a community gift as long as it's the community gift I really, really want.

I usually get pretty nice gifts for my birthdays. I think Brian has finally vetoed my lists, though. The first few years I received everything on my lists. I think he's finally decided he won't look at my lists anymore. I feel this is some sort of punishment or a way of letting me know that I don't get everything I want. I've come to this conclusion because I made a Mother's Day gift list and he said I wasn't getting anything from the list, "because you don't always get to hand pick your gifts". Rude!

Okay, not really. There is something I really want to happen, but not necessarily for my birthday. However if it happens to happen around the time of my birthday it may be for my birthday. Am I being too vague? Sorry about that. I don't want to jinx anything, so I am unable to divulge any details for a couple of weeks. But I'm hoping to have news soon.

Anyway, my birthday is August 4th for all of you who want to wish me a happy birthday on my birthday. Hee, hee.

Brian asked if I wanted to take the day of my birthday off. I told him "hell no". That's the day my department will decorate my office with probably embarrassing items and stick an even more embarrassing picture up twenty times, and tease me all day about turning thirty and make me delicious treats. I wouldn't miss that for anything. Sheesh.

4 Comments:

  • ooooooooh. Are you hoping to be pregnant for your 30th???

    By Blogger serendipity, at 9:20 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • Oh no way. I already wished that and I was pregnant for my 29th. I love my little Jilly Bean, but I surely do not need another one. Unless it was an exact duplicate of her. I could handle that, but it usually doesn't happen that way.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:31 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • Well I dont blame you I dont think I would take that day off either if I had an office. Well I have an office but it has wheels on it.

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 9:37 AM, July 15, 2006  

  • ACK.. I always take my birthday off of work. Definately don't want to deal with customers or co-workers on that day.

    By Blogger GrillTech, at 5:54 AM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home