Pink Sheets

Monday, July 10, 2006

I Can't Stand It

I am the most absent minded person I know. I'm probably the most absent minded person Brian knows. (At least that's what he tells me.) The other night I was making chicken kabobs on the BBQ. I left them on there for about 40 minutes too long. The had turned completely black and were obviously inedible. I just forgot they were cooking.

I have locked my keys in my car too many times to count. I have left the lights on in the parking lot at least four times. I say four because that is the number of people I remember coming out to jump start my car. It's probably more because the guys at the front desk have called me few times letting me know my lights are on.

I have forgot to pick up the one thing I went to the store for because it wasn't on the list. Of course, I walk out with several other items. Just not the one thing I need immediately.

I have forgot to call make and make an appointment for whatever I may need an appointment for. I have missed appointments and meetings because I just forgot about them.

More than a few times I've forgot to pack Brian's yogurt, even though I have packed his yogurt every morning since he started working with me.

One time, I forgot to put on my mascara.

Whenever I have the responsibility to feed the dog I forget.

I have called Riley, Darby and Darby, Jordan and Jordan, Jillian and Jillian, Chloe. I always call Brian, Riley even when I'm talking about him to people at work.

However, I must say that I have never in all my years of having children done this. I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that you can "forget" that your baby is in the car and not remember until 2 hours later. What kind of mother "forgets" their child. I will tell you it isn't a very good one. And believe me, what it comes to mother's making mistakes with their children, I think I'm pretty understanding considering that I make mistakes every day. But there is no way that I would ever, ever leave any of my children in 110 degree car to cook to crisp. Ever.

This mother disgusts me and it makes me sick that the news is sugar coating it as a horrible, tragic "mistake". No one should be able to make mistakes like that without paying consequences. Personally I think we should make the mother sit in a hot car for 2.5 hours. But, that's just me.

5 Comments:

  • My husband (it still feels weird saying that) is the most absent minded person I know. He'll leave to go to another room to get something, and by the time he gets there, forgot what he went to get. I doubt he'd ever do that though.

    My mum forgot me once. I was only a few weeks old, she took me into town. Back in those days, everyone left their prams with kids in on the mezzanine, she walked out without me, but only took two steps outside before she remembered, so it was only a matter of seconds, and she hadn't had a baby to look after for over 11 years, so I don't really hold it against her. Lol

    By Blogger serendipity, at 10:39 AM, July 10, 2006  

  • That's just so awful.

    By Blogger Beth, at 5:58 PM, July 10, 2006  

  • Whats bad is we hear about it all the freakin time.........what are people thinking??


    Now as far as the chicken dont feel too bad I did the same thing over the weekend. The bad thing is I got busy watching the cooking channel LOL!!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 11:42 AM, July 11, 2006  

  • now i'm probably the *queen* of forgetfulness but things i forget aren't that important, you know, like forgetting where you put your keys, things like that. i know we all live busy lives nowadays but still can't believe someone would *forget* their child was in the car...

    ...it's one of those 'don't know what this world's coming to' moments!

    By Blogger Karen, at 11:47 AM, July 12, 2006  

  • This is why I'm afraid to have kids. I'm afraid I'd take them to the store to get some bread, and come out with 3 different kinds of hair conditioner, but no bread, and no kids.

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 12:27 PM, July 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home