Pink Sheets

Friday, June 23, 2006

Dirty Minds

Brian has the dirtiest mind. He can make any word perverted or gross. Every day, normal words somehow end up sexual or somehow funny to him. Box and load are two prime examples. These words can be used numerous times in the course of the day. I especially use the word load often, working in transportion. Because, trucks ship loads. They do. It's a fact of life. However, I can no longer use this word in my dealings at work because the images are too strong. I can barely write this post with out being a little grossed out thinking about the various loads Brian refers to when someone uses the word. Instead I use shipment. I keep load out entirely.

And don't even get me started on box. Let's just say I try to avoid the phrase "I put it in your box". It doesn't even matter if it's prefaced with in (as in inbox). I just don't say it.

One time I dialed a wrong number and got a cell phone company. One of the options was "if your unit is broken please press 1". I couldn't wait to tell Brian. I avoid the word unit in most sentences as well. I really don't know why I would be talking about anyone's unit anyway.

Speaking of perverse I have this fake, plastic finger on my desk that looks like a penis. (Boy, I'm sure that's going to bring up some obscure internet searches.) Anyway, a guy at work gave it to me because it's a joke finger. You pull it and it makes a farting noise. I can't even use it because it looks so indecent. It was out on my desk and everyone who walked by would exclaim, "what is that?!" I explain, it's my joke finger. It's a finger and it's a joke. See? I'm pretty sure this is the reason we all have to attend sexual harrassment classes.

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home