Pink Sheets

Monday, June 12, 2006

Absent Minded

I have been so out of it lately. I think it's because I am so busy, but it could be because I'm getting old. I am going to be thirty soon. Here's a list of completely stupid things performed by yours truly.

-Two weeks ago we went to the cabin. I had packed a million bags, full of a million clothes in order to be prepared for what the mountains had to offer. I packed enough food for several families, too much food I'm sure. I had packed enough baby toys to keep at least five little babies happy for a couple of days. I had packed just the right amount of make up and hairspray and toiletries to keep us pretty in the out of doors. I had packed our toothbrushes and toothpaste. I did not, however, pack my pill. A tiny little purple packet of pills that are oh so important. Especially since I had just started that little pack. If you remember back to a year and a half ago, like I do, I missed some of the first pills in that little pack and now I have a 7 month, 17 pound baby.

Anyway, as much as I love my 17 pounds of joy, I'm not looking into having another. We went and bought an emergency pack at the local pharmacy staffed by very friendly, very understanding women. I am shocked, however, at the price. Seriously, I had no idea how expensive birth control is without insurance. I was complaining when I bought my first pack after Jillian was born because the price raised from $10 to $12.20. I thought it was only like $20 without insurance. It's not. It's $50. How outrageous is that! And of course, my insurance only pays for one pack a month, which I suppose make sense but still.

-I receieved two contracts to update at work. For two different carriers. The thing is, I received them at the same time. So there's this one that is pages and pages long. I start on that one thinking I'll tackle it and be done with it. It took me three days to finish only to realize that I had mixed up the carriers. Everything I entered was for nothing. I wasted three days only to have to go back and delete everything. Ugh.

-If a recipe has more than five ingredients you can surely bet I will forget at least one of them. For instance, the tuna in tuna casserole, the tomato paste in a tomato based soup, various spices and seasoning should they be anything other than salt and pepper...

-The other day I was walking behind a woman pushing a mail cart. We were going at a pretty good pace, with a good amount of distance between us. I was getting comfortable in my speed and glanced down at the floor below us. 'I think I know that person. Is that?' Boom! I ran right into the backside of the woman pushing the mail cart. And it wasn't just a tap either, it was definitely a ram. I was so embarrassed. She had stopped to get a piece of lint off of her pants. Apparently at the exact same moment I decided to look down. I was horrified. Every time I see her now I'm embarrassed. I smile and say hello, but I feel like that isn't enough. I feel like I should be apologizing to her each time we cross paths. It was so humiliating.

I need to clear my mind. Or maybe I should be filling it with ways on not being an absent minded putz. Ugh.

6 Comments:

  • Don't feel too badly; we all have those days. Apologize once, and that's enough. She understands, believe me. We all do.

    By Blogger Jay, at 5:05 PM, June 12, 2006  

  • LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    30.........old........I think not!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 10:30 PM, June 12, 2006  

  • Did she have a nice rear end to bump into? If not, I'd just block it out.

    Of course, if she did, follow her around more.....she'll laugh.

    By Blogger Sheets, at 5:07 AM, June 13, 2006  

  • Yes, Jay, I suppose we do all have those days. It's just, I have never rear ended anyone before. :(

    Truckdriver, you laugh, but it's at least getting old!!! Right? I have the gray hairs and the laugh lines and the hard to get rid of flub. That's the start? Right?

    Sheets, I was so embarrassed I wasn't able to check out her ass, however, next time I see her I will definitely look and let you know. ;)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:36 AM, June 13, 2006  

  • Queenie! That is only one or two years old older than me??! I think I can call thirty old. I can it's the right of every almost thirty year old. So there!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:36 PM, June 13, 2006  

  • ditto what truckdriver said!!

    and me thinks yer absent mindedness is normal, at least i hope so since it happens to me all the time! :)

    By Blogger Karen, at 8:46 AM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home