Pink Sheets

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Mountains


A weekend in the mountains with four kids-successful. It could go either way. Some trips are good, some not so good. This one was perfect. As perfect as a trip to the mountains with three little kids, a baby, and a dog can go. When we arrived Brian’s dad was up there and had most of everything set up except for the water. I guess that takes two people. I sort of panicked that there was no water. Mainly because that means no showering. Ugh! I don’t know that I can survive without a shower. Apparently you can because I’m not dead and I wasn’t able to take a shower for exactly 40 hours. It wasn’t so bad.

But, don’t get any ideas. You still aren’t going to get me out in the wilderness somewhere roughing it in a tent. No, that certainly isn’t the life for me. Brian might be able to pull it off though. He did go about 48 hours with out brushing his teeth. Puke! (Um, maybe I shouldn’t have told you that.) I still kissed him though, but nothing with tongue. Gross. Anyway, enough of that. The baby did splendidly. She is about the most perfect baby that anyone could ever ask for. She took her naps without any problems. At bedtime she went right to sleep. No fussiness, no waking up in the middle of the night. Nothing. Perfect angel. I just adore her. Which is why I’m posting another picture of her.

I do have mountain pictures with the other kids I just need to get them on the computer. We also have a little video footage, but I’m not sure how to get that posted. It’s so funny though. At least, it’s funny to us. You know how video footage is, it’s fun for the people in the video or making the video, but not necessarily fun for everyone else. And that all sounded dirty but it wasn’t a dirty video. I mean, there was dirt in it, but not the kind you guys are thinking. Sheesh!

Anyway, the driveway to the cabin is very long and very steep and extremely tiring to walk up and down. However, that makes for a perfect situation for the kids to get the Tonka trucks out, set them up at the top and ride the trucks all the way down to the road. And they haul ass. I recorded them going down and it’s a pretty good shot. It’s Riley and Jordan racing down the hill, almost taking me out in the process, Jordan crashes and tumbles the rest of the way down, Riley continues on, hits the dog and Darby is screaming in the background. What more could you ask of a video clip?

We’re going up again this coming Memorial weekend and I can’t wait. The only bad thing about a trip to the mountains is doing the laundry afterwards. Seriously. I did four loads yesterday and I have at least four more to do today. And I haven’t gone grocery shopping. We have nothing to eat. I think we may starve.

7 Comments:

  • Starving's not so bad.

    God, she's adorable!

    By Blogger Beth, at 11:57 AM, May 22, 2006  

  • Yeah, you're right, I should've held off!!

    By Blogger serendipity, at 2:16 PM, May 22, 2006  

  • She is movie-star beautiful! As for roughing it with kids ...be proud of yourself! That was an ACCOMPLISHMENT!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 4:56 AM, May 23, 2006  

  • That girl is the most beautiful baby i've ever seen. Movie-star beautiful is absolutely right.

    & the real work of a camping trip is always *after* you get home & find out what you have to do to get back to 'normal'.

    Glad you had so much fun...

    shayla

    By Blogger shayla, at 7:45 AM, May 23, 2006  

  • Thanks Lass! I might try that. Once again you guys are so sweet. You might think that I post pics of my sweet little baby to get you guys to ooh and ahh about her and well, you would be right. Thanks for all the sweet comments.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3:08 PM, May 23, 2006  

  • Yay for trips that go the way they're supposed to!
    Yeah, that baby sure does look perfect to me.

    By Blogger Jay, at 7:10 AM, May 24, 2006  

  • It's called 'bragging rights', Jolynn. And you're compleately entitled to them.

    shayla

    By Blogger shayla, at 2:13 PM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home