Pink Sheets

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Larry The Computer Guy

I was waiting for my bagel to be toasted in the cafeteria when I saw Larry getting coffee. I went to grab a water and say hey. Larry is a computer guy. He's an older man, I couldn't guess his age, but he's been around a couple of years, and he's single. This makes Larry interesting. I say hi, how's it going and he proceeds to tell me.

Unfortunately Larry had to take his cat Claire to the vet. Her nails had grown so long that they were cutting into her paw pads. Larry has tried a couple of times to trim Claire's nails, however Claire is quite uncooperative. Apparently, the first time Larry tried to trim her nails, she tried to scratch his face off. How horrible is that? He thought he had a solution to his problem. He tried to trim her nails again, but this time he wrapped a towel around her. You know, so she wouldn't scratch his face off. It makes perfect sense. But Claire wasn't falling for it. No, she ended up peeing all over poor Larry. Now he takes her in to the vet to get her nails clipped. Poor Claire. Poor Larry.

Why someone would relay that story while waiting for food? I couldn't answer that question. It's just the type of person Larry is and it's exactly why I am friends with him.

3 Comments:

  • LOL!! At least he keeps things interesting!!

    By Blogger serendipity, at 2:25 PM, May 18, 2006  

  • You are a compassionate person, Jolynn; that's why I like visiting here. :)

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:23 PM, May 18, 2006  

  • Great lunch conversation! I hate trimming my cat's claws. I try to cut them at least every two weeks so that they don't get too long, but he hates the whole process. I keep telling him that its either me trimming his nails or the vet (which requires a subway ride, something Brody is not too fond of), but he refuses to see the silver lining. Oh well.

    By Blogger Trista, at 10:22 AM, May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home