Pink Sheets

Monday, May 08, 2006

A Long Weekend Recap (The Recap, Not The Weekend)

Alright, my Cinco De Mayo party was a success. Brian says it’s good that we oppress the kids because then we do fun things like put up decorations and bring out a piñata it ends up being “THE BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES”. Apparently, they had a good time.

My lunch was fun, but I ate way too much and I was feeling a tad bit sick by the time I was making a tostada pizza. I think it’s safe to say that I’m not able to eat Mexican breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don’t get me wrong. I love Mexican food, but I need at least another type of meal in between. I wasn’t feeling all that great on Friday.

By Saturday morning I was back to normal. I had leftover tostada pizza about 10 am. Yummy! Saturday a neighborhood a couple of blocks down was having a yard sale, so I thought it would be fun to walk/ride bikes down there and look around. (This was another success making Saturday morning “THE BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES”.) I didn’t buy anything, because as much as I try and like used items I just don’t. If I would have bought anything it would most likely end up in our garage waiting to be shipped off to Salvation Army or Goodwill. I know it sounds snobby. I’m not a snob. I buy everything I own on clearance. The used stuff just isn’t for me. Which is somewhat of a lie because I have used baby items. I just didn’t want anything okay? Stop harassing me. I did, however, agree to let the kids purchase two videos for $1. They also purchased snow cones. Jordan’s tasted like medicine so he and Darby ended up sharing. Which surprises me a bit because they’re at the “gross, you have cooties” age. I guess there are exceptions when snow cones are involved.

After lunch they went to play with the kids down the street. Darby and Jordan were hanging out with Darby’s little friend and they came in to ask if they could go to the park. Normally I don’t allow them to go to the park by themselves because it is approximately 3 blocks up the road. I don’t know why we don’t let them go, we just don’t. This time I agreed because they were at Darby’s friend’s house. She only lives about a block from the park. So technically it’s not very far at all.

A little later into the afternoon I decided I wanted Darby and Jordan to come home. I start walking over to the friend’s house when I spot Jordan pulling Darby in the wagon. “What are you guys doing? I thought you were over at so and so’s house?” I guess that when they went to the park Darby’s friend grew bored and wanted to leave. Well, Darby and Jordan never get to go to the park alone, so they were perfectly happy where they were. The girl left and Darby and Jordan hung out and played without her. Weird. Normally I don’t think they choose the park over the friends, but I honestly don’t believe this little girl is a very good friend. I suppose that’s what happens when you aren’t nice. And if you’ve ever seen the movie Mean Girls, which I watched three times this weekend, you would know I’m right.

6 Comments:

  • I agree about used stuff... 90% of the gratification comes from taking items out of a box. Then you realize the item's not all that necessary or even interesting, but the box moment makes it all worthwhile ... I'm no economist, but I think that's the short definition of "capitalism."

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 12:58 PM, May 08, 2006  

  • Yard sales are sometimes fun. I have to be in the *mood* to go. If I buy anything, it's always a nic-nac sorta thingy.

    All in all, it's wonderful that you had a great weekend with your family because that's what counts. :)

    By Blogger Karen, at 9:21 AM, May 09, 2006  

  • Sounds like a great weekend!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 7:28 AM, May 10, 2006  

  • oooh mean girls
    love it love it love it
    i however don't know anyone whos too gay to function, wish i did just so i could say it lol

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 10:49 AM, May 10, 2006  

  • I don't like anything used either. I'm thinking they are getting rid of it because they used it incorrectly and BUSTED IT. Even a quarter is too much to pay for something that may not work. I don't sell my stuff either because people don't realize how PRICELESS it is. They say, "I'll give you $2.00, and I'm all...."Do you not KNOW what this is? It's worth hundreds!" Needless to say, I suck at having gargage sales.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:11 AM, May 10, 2006  

  • Marguerite, I agree, I love opening new packages. Love it. And Karen, I'm with you too. Garage saleing is fun. I'm even thinking about going again this weekend. Maybe.

    Lass: I guess. I don't know why I always insist on trying to hold them back. Just like not letting them go to the park. I'm mean really, why can't they go to the park?

    Lou Lou!!! I love that part. It really is a fabulous movie.

    And Envoy-ette. I know what you mean. It's hard for me to get rid of things. I have an old table and chairs in the garage that Brian is begging me to get to rid of. I keep insisting we may need them someday.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:08 AM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home