Pink Sheets

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Drunken Stupor

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love boxed wine. There is just something about it that is fun. But only for one night and then pretty much, if you abuse the fun, it's ruined for awhile. Brian and I abused the fun on Sunday night.

It was such a beautiful day on Sunday. I even took the kids to the neighborhood pool for the first time this season. It was breezy and warm out and by the time we finished our delicious roast beef dinner nothing sounded better than a few glasses of boxed wine. We filled our glasses and took them outside to sit on the patio in the warm sun and just hang out. The grass had just been mowed and I had planted new flowers in our flower pots. The atmosphere was perfect.

We sipped our wine and discussed our seperate weekends, mine with the boys, his with Darby. Soon we were all sipped out. Time for a refill. I went inside and heard the baby was awake from her nap. I refilled our glasses and went in to get her. We went back out and sat on the patio. But now the sun is beating down on us. We decide to move the chairs to the shade. While moving the chairs I hear a thump on the window. I see Brian look over but he looks back at me and continues talking. I decide it must have been nothing.

More wine. Boy, this stuff goes down so easily. I couldn't even keep up with Brian. I tried. Soon the kids were outside with us. I then learned what the thump was. Riley was taking a shower and when he was done he realized there were no towels. He went to the kitchen and not wanting to come outside naked he threw a toy at the window. Brian looked up, saw him wet and naked and continued to move the chairs into the shade without saying a word or even acknowledging him. For some reason this made me laugh uncontrollably. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I was so buzzed.

Just one or two more glasses. Now, this is the point in the evening where everything starts to blur. You know that point? The one where you wake up and you think, "oh God, what happened last night?"

Well, I remember Brian and Riley having an intense political discussion. That was weird. I remember calling my ex to find out about some mattress in the crawl space story? I think it was suppose to be joke, but I don't recall the conversation. I don't think I need to know. I remember the kids walking into their bedroom and Brian came out saying they were watching Mean Girls. I don't even know what time it was. For all I know it was 7. We did have dinner early. I remember we put in the DVD for Six Feet Under. I remember starting it. I don't remember finishing it.

I remember Brian brought me a Ding Dong. I remember thinking it was disgusting and not eating all of it. I'm pretty sure he finished it for me. I remember we tried to have sex in the front room, which is one reason our show was never watched. I remember it being somewhat of a disaster. I think we finally gave up.

I remember waking up at 2 am with a bit of a headache and Brian no where to be found. I think he didn't feel well but luckily there was no puking. I went and got an Advil and finally found Brian. We went back to bed and proved that we were capable of having sex. We were a little worried. Whew. What a relief. I instantly fell back to sleep after we joked a bit about how stupid it is to drink almost an entire box of wine.

I woke up in the morning and found two somewhat full glasses of wine on the counter and two Ding Dong wrappers on the floor. It was just a silly night.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home