Pink Sheets

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No Regrets

Okay, I'm going a little crazy with the pictures and family stuff. I apologize. I must be going through some kind of insane, loving the kids and family and baby and taking pictures and planning for any kind of holiday type of phase. I told Brian the other day that I was going to put together photo albums for each kid. Do you know how long that would take? I'm still going to do it, but I must be crazy. I am going to move on to things that don't involve the kids.

The other day my friend from high school called. I emailed her backing asking what was up. She said that her daughter is on the same soccer team as my high school boyfriend's niece. I haven't seen this guy in like 10 years. Of course I had a million questions about him. Her exact words were "he's gross", which is exactly what I imagined him to be. He so is not my type, nor was he ever my type and yet we dated for three years. Three years! That is my entire high school career wasted on some guy that was never my type and certainly was never going to be my type. And believe me I remember trying to change him, as us naive girls are apt to do. Change your hair, change your clothes, do not get your ear pierced. There wasn't much I liked about him. I have no idea why were even together. And this sounds a bit mean, but I'm not trying to be mean. It's just we were different and it never really worked out.

What makes it even more horrible is that we were engaged. Yes, engaged. In high school. I know. It's terrifying to think high schoolers get engaged. But, it wasn't exactly a romantic occurrence. I think it was suppose to be, but this is what happened: It was my 17th birthday and he told me he had a huge surprise for me. I was so excited trying to guess what my huge surprise would be. He took me to a park and then proposed. (Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.) Needless to say I was disappointed. I was just thinking 'noooooo!!!'. Instead I said, "oh. I thought I was getting a puppy. Well, okay." I'm not kidding. That is exactly what I said. I didn't want an engagement ring and in fact I think I specifically asked for a puppy. Which I did not get. Ever! I was horrified. I'm 17, I do not want to get married. I didn't even put the ring on for weeks and I was completely embarrassed that I was 17, a senior in high school and engaged.

I even had horrible visions of my life as a married woman and I'm pretty sure they involved several kids and a trailer park. Just because that's the type of thing that would be good enough for this guy. He had no ambitions, he didn't even graduate from high school. I just knew nothing good could come from this. But, I stuck it out for another year. I don't even know why. Eventually we broke up and got back together a million and one times and finally I knew that he was not what I wanted and ended it for good. All I have to say is Thank God!

PS I guess he has a tattoo of a naked woman. Is that not disgusting! Who has that?

PSS The baby crawls. Sorry I couldn't resist getting one in.

3 Comments:

  • lovelovelove all the photos! awesome!!

    as for the old boyfriend...ya did the right thing, girlfriend!! :-)

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:27 PM, June 21, 2006  

  • Photos are fun - your kids are adorable! I'm in awe of people who have photo albums, as opposed to keeping them all in a shoebox and/or on an undeveloped roll of film.

    And, let's all take a moment to be thankful that we don't have to end up with the people we dated/liked in high school ...

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 8:09 AM, June 22, 2006  

  • Thank goodness girls make that mistake EARLY and don't marry the creeps! Yeah, I had a creep too. (those are brain dead years anyway) Love the PICS!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 10:07 AM, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home