Pink Sheets

Monday, January 30, 2006

Just An Observation

Our kids are very well behaved. At home I sometimes wonder, but when they’re out in public they’re angels. We can take three kids and a baby to a restaurant and not have to worry about them talking too loud, throwing fits, or running around. It’s amazing to me.

No matter where I am in my life or what I’m doing I always end up with my same friends that I’ve had since ninth grade. And we always seem to fall back into our old ways, which is both good and bad.

Never, and I mean never, tell your friends what you don’t like about them. I just thought of this because of the last paragraph so it mostly pertains to high school girls. Were you ever at a slumber party where you all decided to tell each other what annoys you most about each other? I have been and it never ends well. In fact, I think a friendship or two ended because of it. Stupid, stupid girls.

Speaking of high school girls and slumber parties, never tell a girl she has granny panties. It might make her cry.

Which brings me to another never. Never tell a little girl she’s weird looking. She might just call you a pig. Ask Brian about that one. Those studies they do on little girls being mean are true.

The worse time to skip your pill is the day your suppose to start the new pack.

One to two canned chipotle peppers is not the same as one to two cans of chipotle peppers. This is not a tasty lesson to learn.

I am a more productive person when working. My house is in better order, my kids are in better order, I’m not as psycho…

I know you all think that your kids are the cutest kids in the world, but seriously my baby is the cutest thing ever born. She is. I can’t stop taking pictures of her. We have at least a couple dozen of her on the digital camera right now. (The new digital camera that I bought Brian for his birthday that is so super cool. Not like our old one. This one takes video clips. That’s how old our other one was, it didn’t even take video clips.)

Speaking of video clips, since I have now figured out how to use the camera properly I have been video taping the kids doing absolutely nothing. The other night, after the birthday party I asked them all what their favorite part of the day was. The each answered and I played back the interview on TV. I have come to realize that no matter how mundane the video clip might be, the kids think it’s the funniest thing since Garfield. They told me that I should submit the clip of their answers to America’s Funniest Home Videos.

It pays to be poor, single, and have a lot of kids. At least when a tax refund is involved. Okay, I’m not talking poverty stricken and ten kids on welfare. Of course, on paper Brian looks poverty level and sometimes I feel poverty level, but we aren’t exactly that poor. I think Brian has mentioned that someone who has three or four sets of dishes, to put out at different times of year of course, isn’t exactly poor. Anyway, I’m thinking about changing the amount of taxes withheld from my paycheck. I’m being ripped off! The government is just spending my money willy nilly without paying me any interest. Rip off!

I am very, very tired today and my back hurts so bad. I think I slept on it wrong. Blah!

2 Comments:

  • I don't mind not getting interest on my refund. It's still a forced savings. If I was getting it a little at a time in my paycheck I know I'd be spending it on useless stuff instead of putting it aside in the savings account. So, still no interest, but I'd also be saddled with useless stuff. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM, January 31, 2006  

  • I know. That's true. In a perfect world I would be putting my extra money into savings, but I don't. I too would buy useless stuff.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:59 AM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home