Pink Sheets

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Birthday Success

The birthday party was a huge success! I am so relieved. I had all of these worries, this being the first party with children that aren't family members and all. I feared the children he invited wouldn't show and that he would be upset. How horrible would that be? I would cry. However, there were no tears to be shed. Everyone that was suppose to be there was.

We started out at the Pizza Hut to eat pizza, open presents and have cake. I was a little worried when we were at the pizza place because the boys were so rambunctious. I feared they would be horrible the entire time. They weren't. When we arrived at Boondocks they sort of scattered about to look at the different games and hang out until we played Laser Tag. We all, there were ten of us playing, stood in line for about 15-20 minutes, and the boys were very much well behaved. Actually the girl is the one causing the problems. Crying because she didn't want to play or shoot anyone. Whatever Darby! Okay, if you know Darby you would know this "not wanting to shoot anyone" was an act. I actually learned later that evening that she didn't feel well, which could account for the strange behavior.

Finally we were sent in to the little room where you gear up and they explain the rules. Luckily, since we were a group of ten, we were all on the same team and the only ones on the green team. It was us against some boys on the red team. We lost, but we didn't get completely creamed by any means. I mean the team before us lost to their opponents 20000 to 60000. We received about 55000 points to the red teams 65000 points. I did horribly, but had such fun. I will definitely play again. I know the boys had a good time. See? Success!!

Alright, I just order my brand new Barbie checks to go with my brand new checking account that will hold all the money I'm allowed to spend in two week periods. I am very scared. Budget is just a scary, scary word. It's alright, I'll get through this okay.

7 Comments:

  • the thought of laser tag has always made me anxious. I wouldn't want to play or shoot anyone either. ;)

    super glad it all went well!

    I have been trying to comment for a bunch of days but blogger wouldn't let me open the comments section! GAH! Sorry I have been quiet!

    By Blogger cat, at 6:18 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • That's okay, I forgive you. Sometimes I have the same problem and I have to curse blogger! Argh!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:57 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • Are there establishments where you go to play laser tag? I had no idea. Is it mainly for kids, or do adults play, too?

    Also, what is this "budget" concept of which you speak? I don't know the meaning of this term. Which might explain my current bank balance of $1.27.

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 7:24 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • YAY! Glad you had fun, Sugar!

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:10 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • Yes, there are establishments where kids and adults can all go play laser tag. I looked up laser tag for New York City and the only thing I found was Catskill Laser Tag in W Nyack. Um, is that too far from you? I'm not sure.

    I looked up the defintition of budget and it's just to complex to go into detail here. I hate the word. Doesn't it sound horrible?

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:31 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • I believe budget is somehow spelled with four letters...it has to be since almost all bad words are four letters...diet, work, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM, January 31, 2006  

  • Hmm, I think your right. How about bdgt?

    Lass, you should take your kids. It is so much fun. I tried to look up a place near you and the only one I found was in Webster, TX. Weird.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:23 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home