Pink Sheets

Monday, January 16, 2006

Tagged By Queen

It sounds naughty but it's not. It's a game.

The rules are: The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself (did that), and people who get tagged (listed below) need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says you are tagged (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

Here are my five weird habits. This is actually more difficult than it sounds. I guess I don’t consider my habits weird.

1. I have to multi-task. Seriously, I’m writing this and doing at least 5 other things at the same time. I can’t finish one task and then move on to the next. That’s much too boring. I do a little of one, then do a little of another and so on until I finish one. Then I add another into the loop. And I do them in the same order. For instance, I write a little on my blog, then I answer an email, then I listen to my phone messages, then I work on this report I get every day, then I open a piece of mail. Then the little cycle starts again.

2. I’m a freak about the kitchen. The rest of the house could be a complete disaster and, I wouldn’t say that I’m fine with it, but I can cope, but if there’s dirty dishes in the sink I freak out. I hate dirty dishes in the sink. Before I go to bed I always make sure the kitchen is clean. I hate waking up and going downstairs to make coffee and see the kitchen is dirty. I guess I just find it disgusting. There are times when I can’t fit all the dishes into the dishwasher at night, so I run the dishwasher and unload it in the morning so I can put the dishes in there before work. I hate dirty dishes.

3. I’m not a morning person, but I never have a problem getting out of bed. I might hit snooze a few times, but for the most part I enjoy getting up and making coffee and taking a shower and getting ready for the day. It makes me feel productive. I don’t, however, enjoy people talking to me until I’ve had at least one cup of coffee and if you’re a co-worker I would wait until after my second cup. I can’t deal without coffee.

4. This one isn’t so much weird as it’s just a bad habit. I’m a horrible listener. People can be talking to me and I’m sitting there and I know I’m smiling and nodding at them. Next thing I know 15 minutes has passed and I don’t know what in the hell they’re talking about. You can’t very well have someone repeat 15 minutes worth of conversation. I just hope there aren’t any quizzes afterwards. Yikes!

5. For my last one, I’m going to have to admit I’m a bit of a flake. Is that a habit? I don’t know, but I lock my keys in my car all the time, I have lost my card that enables me to enter my workplace probably five or six times in three years, and I’m constantly forgetting things, such as appointments. I can’t help it. There are too many things going on at once. I’m frazzled.

Alright, I'm suppose to tag 5 people, but that's my entire readership. So, I think you should all do it and post a comment telling me you made the list and I'll go read it. Do it now!

6 Comments:

  • I used to be frazzled like that. Then I found out I have to take b-12 shots to make my brain work. Now I'm even more scatter-brained than before.

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:09 AM, January 17, 2006  

  • So it didn't work? Is there no hope for me?

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:18 AM, January 17, 2006  

  • #4 is me all the way, unfortunately.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM, January 17, 2006  

  • #1, 4 and 5 are me all over again. I only wish that somehow contributed to a clean kitchen and getting up early. I started thinking about my habits, but the list read more like the symptoms of some hard-to-pronounce mental disorder.

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 11:27 AM, January 18, 2006  

  • Marguerite, you should make the list. I know it would be interesting and funny. You should do it.

    Don't you guys hate not being a good listener. I hate it. Sometimes people even catch on that I'm not listening. That's even worse. I have no excuses.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:52 PM, January 18, 2006  

  • LOL! This was a neat post. You've read me and I've got like...a thousand weird habits that I've already told on myself...so I'm already up to date!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 12:55 PM, January 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home