Pink Sheets

Monday, January 16, 2006

Lost Sex Life

Brian and I like to watch TV shows on DVD. It’s much more enjoyable that way. Well, except for our new DVD player Santa brought us is completely messed up. It makes ALL the DVD’s skip, even the new ones. Sometimes it won’t even open. We are constantly turning it off and on, off and on. Anyway, we have started watching (and have almost finished the first season) the series Lost. It is so good. It is unbelievably good. I was skeptical at first, as I usually am about new TV shows, but this one has me captivated. I’m upset that we’re on the last disk because we’re going to have to wait until fall to start season 2. It’s such a long time from now.

It really is the best way to watch TV. Any time you want you can pop in an episode and watch it completely commercial free. I realize that some people have that thing, whatever it’s called, where you can record all your shows and watch them whenever without commercials. We, however, are not those people. We drive down to the video store every couple of days and rent a couple of disks of the series we happen to be watching at the time, go home, watch the episodes, and then return the DVDs, hopefully before it’s due. It makes life a little bit more exciting, alright? The only exception to this ritual is The West Wing. We buy these because it’s my favorite show and I’ve been getting a new season for either my birthday or Christmas for a couple of years now. We’re on season 5. I haven’t seen season 5 yet. I used to be an avid watcher of The West Wing, but once we started watching it on DVD I stopped watching it on TV. Why I’m rambling about TV shows, I have no idea. I’m just saying, Lost is awesome and you should watch it if you don’t already. Especially if you’re a TV watcher like I happen to be.

Enough of that. Blah! Here’s my other topic: I use to think that couples were lying when they said they didn’t have time to have sex after they had a baby. I just thought you found time to do that. If you really want to have sex, then you just have sex. Otherwise, your just using the “not enough time” thing as an excuse. I don’t think that anymore. Sometimes, you seriously don’t have time when there’s a baby. Between work and taking care of Jillian and trying to keep the house in a somewhat decent order and laundry and sleep I sometimes run out of time or fall asleep before the act takes place. I know I talk about sex a lot, but I haven’t had it nearly as much as I used to, you know, before Jillian. It’s crazy.

Last night we went upstairs and climbed into bed. I decided that since Jilly was sleeping peacefully downstairs in her crib I would take that opportunity to seduce Brian. Next thing I know I’m waking up at 3 am, because the baby hasn’t cried all night and I’m wondering if she’s still alive. After going downstairs and checking to see if she’s still breathing I remembered that I was trying to have sex only 5 hours before and I didn’t. Because I fell asleep. What kind of nonsense is that? I fell asleep. It sucks.

Brian and I use to have sex whenever. We never limited it to before bed or when we woke up. Sometimes, I would come home from work and we would have sex after I changed out of my work clothes. Or sometimes we would get a quick one in after dinner when we were doing nothing but watching TV. Now? Now we’re sometimes lucky enough to do it in the morning before the alarm goes off and after the baby has had a bottle. It's like she knows when we're about to have sex. Once we went to bed and she was sound asleep and we decided to give it a try. Next thing we know she wakes up and starts to fuss. We ignore her. Then she starts to get louder and grumpier. Still ignoring her. Then she starts screaming her pretty little baby head off. Screaming! Do you know how hard it is to finish when there is a screaming baby in the room with you. Pretty darn hard.

And it’s funny that I’m writing this because Brian just sent me an email with a link to a news story titled TV in the bedroom halves your sex life - study - Yahoo! News


We don’t have a TV in our room at the moment, but I had been thinking about getting one. It looks like I won’t be doing that anytime soon. If we halved our sex life it would be closer to the zero mark than I’m willing to get. How freaking scary. All right. I’m going to read the article.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home