Pink Sheets

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Love Rachel Ray

She is a genius. I have tried several of her recipes and loved every single dish. That's amazing. How often do you love every new recipe? Hardly ever. At least not in our house. Plus, I've bought these weird ingredients that I have never before used or even heard of. One of them being fish sauce. I had to look it up on the Internet so I had some clue as to where to look for it in the grocery store. It's down the Asian food aisle in case your wondering. Anyway, I was horrified the first time using it, because being as it's "fish" sauce, it actually smells a lot like fish. A lot. I was worried that perhaps it tasted a lot like fish. Strong tasting, icky fish. It doesn't. But every recipe that has had fish sauce has also had sugar. I'm not sure if maybe that's what makes it good, but the two recipes I've tried where I've added fish sauce-Yummy.

My favorites so far are a Turkey Club sandwich, which is made with ground turkey, and Cowboy Spaghetti. I have always been against using ground turkey because when I was younger my friend's parents would use ground turkey to make tacos and I remember thinking it was disgusting. This recipe using ground turkey-Delicious. And I love Cowboy Spaghetti. It calls for about 2 tsp of hot sauce, plus fire roasted tomatoes and a few other spicy ingredients. Our family isn't so much into the spiciness so I cut back on most of that, but there is a cheese sauce you pour on top that is amazingly good. And basically, it's just spaghetti. But it's the best spaghetti I have ever had.

Now my only problem with using her recipes is my presentation. I can't get those darn dishes to look anything like hers. What the heck?

5 Comments:

  • I love Rachel Ray as well. Your recipe sounds wonderful!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:30 PM, August 07, 2007  

  • I think the main thing with presentation is to do it slowly. I take pictures of RR's recipes for my blog> and always struggle with making it look as good as it does in person! I think it just takes practice

    By Blogger Madeline, at 3:43 PM, August 07, 2007  

  • I actually like her. She's like someone I could be friends with ( i just hope she doesn't say EEVO every ten sentences) She does make cooking look easy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM, August 08, 2007  

  • When I was finishing school and unemployed, I sat and watched her every day. I made my shopping list and went shopping after picking up the boys from school. Her recipes have NEVER failed me. If you want to work on presentation, I suggest watching Iron Chef America. Presentation is part of the competition and I have to say, they ARE the best. Keep at it.
    TG

    By Blogger Grimstarr, at 9:08 AM, August 08, 2007  

  • I have to admit watching her is a little too "in your face" for me, I'm a fan of Paula Deen, but those recipes sound great - will have to check them out.

    By Blogger Kate, at 7:15 AM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home