Pink Sheets

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The 10 Minute Rule

The other day at work I sent a rather brusque email in response to a rather annoying email that I received from a co-worker. Normally, I write those types of emails and I have this 10 minute rule where I wait and go through and edit the entire response before sending it out. My edits are usually nothing like the original harsh words that I type out in a burst of frustration. However, the other day I hastily typed out my response, proof read it and then sent it off. I didn't wait the ten minutes. And I didn't care. I was expecting some kind of retribution for my blunt reply, but nothing happened.

Okay, not nothing. She did go bitch to another co-worker about me, but that's nothing new. In fact, I enjoy hearing about how awful I am to her. And I do hear about it, because HELLO, the other co-workers like me and tell me all the horrible things she says. I was half expecting that she would forward the email to my boss, but I haven't heard any rumors about her receiving such an email. Hmmm. This was much more satisfying than I could have imagined. Or this is the calm before the storm. I suppose I will have to wait it out and see. But, now I get the feeling this is old news.

7 Comments:

  • It is simply hard for me to believe you could possibly send a nasty e-mail.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:17 AM, June 28, 2007  

  • I wondered what happened when it was the pony express and they didn;t have emails. They would send nasty notes by horse I guess. Ahh the nasty co-worker!! My husband has those. I just get to hear the stories! Waiting by the water cooler for what happens..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM, June 29, 2007  

  • Oooh. I have to use that 10 minute rule too. I have typed some NASTY email responses that have never actually been sent. Whew!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 AM, June 30, 2007  

  • So....?

    Bet she left you alone after that?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM, July 01, 2007  

  • Hope you're having an awesome 4th!

    By Blogger Karen, at 4:53 PM, July 04, 2007  

  • Good for you then. It is so satisfying to actually say what needs to be said.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:45 AM, July 05, 2007  

  • I normally give Hubby the chance to look at the things I send out..so he can take out all of the offending comments...but since he is gone...I need to follow your rule!That's a good rule to live by!
    (did your car get keyed yet?)

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 6:46 PM, July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home