Pink Sheets

Monday, June 18, 2007

What A Splendid Idea

I was going to post something last Friday, however I decided to take the day off. Darby asked me Friday morning why I was taking the day off and I told her I just decided to this morning. Her response? "You just decided to? Well, that must be nice." Uh, hello. Like they don't have a days off all the time.

The reason I decided to stay home? Well, the night before I let Darby go with her friend to a downtown event. They were going to drop her off at afterwards. At about 9 I received a phone call. Can Darby spend the night? It was completely sprung on me and I pondered all the reasons she couldn't stay the night. I didn't really have a good one for saying no. So, I said yes. Then about 1 am I woke up with all sorts of reasons why she couldn't spend the night. What is wrong with me? Why did I say yes? I should have had her come home.

Then I started thinking about how we were planning to go to the mountains Friday evening after work. And how I had nothing ready. I didn't have any groceries. I didn't have a single item packed. I didn't even have all my Father's Day gifts bought. What in the world was I going to do? And now I can't sleep because I'm stressing about all this stuff I need to get done! That's when my solution came to me. I was going to take Friday off and get all my stuff done and have Darby dropped off at home. I won't have to worry that she doesn't have a lunch packed or clean clothes or that I have nothing ready for our mountain trip. And I fell soundly to sleep. All my troubles gone.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home