Pink Sheets

Friday, May 18, 2007

Jordan's Crush

Jordan's crush is spending the night tonight. Darby's very best friend in the entire world, Tayler. She is very cute. And it's very obvious Jordan thinks so as well. Jordan and Darby go to different schools, but they both had field trips to the zoo yesterday. When I picked Jordan up he was talking about the zoo and how it was so much fun and I asked if he saw Darby. He said he did and then stated that, "I got to see Tayler too." Not in an excited sort of way, but it was as if it was an obligation of some sort. Just the wording was suspicious. And it's not the only hints he's dropped. He mentions her often and how much he "dislikes" her. Uh-huh. Sure you do.

Anyway, she's spending the night because Tuesday was Darby's 7th birthday. And I'm not liking the way her birthday turned out. I'm a little stressed and upset by the whole mess. On her actual birthday day, Tuesday, I took a half day off of work. I went to her class and brought cookies, which is what she requested. She actually requested homemade cookies the night before at 6:00 pm. Um, no. I bought cookies. Anyway, that was a huge success because I don't believe there is a 1st grader out there that doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie. After school was when the birthday turned for the worse. We had a baseball game at 5:30 for Riley, a T-ball game for Jordan at 7, and Darby had softball practice at 7 as well. So we didn't do anything for her that night. She was able to open one present that morning. The present contained clothes.

The next day she opened another present. Again, clothes. She is now upset she didn't receive any toys. Because when she told everyone what she wanted for her birthday, she said clothes. I bought her clothes. And shoes. And the one toy she did receive from her best friend Tayler was stolen at daycare. It's like everything was going wrong.

I felt a little bit better about the no toys issue when I looked in her closet and found several unopened toys from Christmas. She can open those toys if she really wants to have toys. Seriously, girl. And tonight Tayler is coming over right after school (I'm taking another half day), we're going to turn on the sprinklers and then we're going for pizza. And she can buy herself a new toy with the money she pretty much stole from her dad. So, life is all good. But to keep in the spirit of Darby not having the greatest birthday ever I posted pics of Riley's birthday here.

4 Comments:

  • Sprinklers AND pizza?
    What more could any kid want?

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:57 PM, May 19, 2007  

  • Sorry, I've been rubbish at commenting recently. I am still alive.

    I cant believe that someone stole a toy from daycare!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM, May 20, 2007  

  • I'm with Jay...should'a had a blast with sprinklers and pizza.

    So, how'd it turn out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM, May 21, 2007  

  • When the birthDAY doesn't turn out, it becomes a birthWEEK and then everyone is happy. Hubby started that...since I goofed up when we were first married!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 10:42 AM, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home