Pink Sheets

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Signs of Aging

Well, it's that time of year again. The time where I turn a year older. I'm going to be 31. 31 years old and let me tell you it's much more depressing than 30. In fact, I was very excited to turn 30. People make a big fuss about you when you turn 30. 31 however, is nothing to make a fuss about. Your just old-er.

And now there are all these horrible things I notice about me that I think needs to be fixed, though I probably won't fix them. And just a couple of years ago all I wanted was a boob job. That's it. Have a little something added and now, it's been pushed down the list just a tad. Because I was sitting in the dermatologist's office the other day looking at pamphlets for something called Thermage, a skin tightening procedure that tightens your skin without surgery. And I thought to myself, "I could really use that on my tummy and thighs". And I'm seriously running numbers in my head on when I might be able to afford something like that.

And then my dermatologist mentioned to me that these patches under my eyes were getting worse than the last time she saw me. There's a name for it, but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, they look like I was out in the sun too long, but they're pretty dark in this one area. And she said that it was a combination of things that causes this, one of them being age! Can you believe it. (No they aren't sun spots.) The other two factors are too much estrogen (from the pill) and the sun. The spots will fade I just have to use a certain sunscreen and she also suggested this make up that costs more than my favorite pair of jeans. And I'm actually considering purchasing it.

Regardless of all my old age problems I'm experiencing I still love birthdays. Because I get spoiled on my birthday and Brian, whether he likes to do it or not, I'm still not certain, will drag it out for days at a time. Which I love. And there are presents and cake and lunches and shopping and every thing is always perfect. And besides all these physical changes going on, that absolutely suck, I have a lot of other great things going on in my life that have nothing to do with my physical appearance but every thing to do with getting older. Things that I didn't have when I was young and 25 or even 28. Like my baby Jillian. I guess I can live with another number added on. It won't be so bad. Besides, I still have a couple of weeks to enjoy 30.

9 Comments:

  • This year I will be 33! At least they match! :P You'll have a great birthday. They're all wonderful no matter what the number. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM, July 18, 2007  

  • Well happy almost birthday. :)

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:57 PM, July 18, 2007  

  • I am 36 and I am getting crow's feet. I actually kind of like them, so far, because they are right where my eyes crinkle when I smile. That can't be bad, right? At least that is what I am telling myself to make them seem more appealing. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM, July 19, 2007  

  • Oh, and happy birthday -- I hope it's a great one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM, July 19, 2007  

  • 36 was the doozie for me. And 42. Enjoy your youthful body before it starts heading south.... Happy Birthday!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:38 AM, July 20, 2007  

  • 31! you're a babe in the woods, girlfriend!

    Enjoy your birthday celebrations, every single one.

    By Blogger Karen, at 5:44 PM, July 20, 2007  

  • I know someone who is turning 30 AGAIN this year. She RAWKS! ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:47 AM, July 22, 2007  

  • You have nothing to worry about I think you are a doll

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:54 PM, July 22, 2007  

  • it's just a number - what matters is how young you feel and act!

    btw - i've tagged you. check out my site for details if you're interested. if not, no biggie ;)

    By Blogger Kate, at 5:54 AM, July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home