Pink Sheets

Monday, July 30, 2007

Back From Vacation

I'm back! I took a week off and we camped out (stayed in a cabin) for four nights. It was fun. The first night, there was a crazy thunder storm with torrential rains. I woke up at 3 in the morning worrying that the kids were sopping wet. They were sleeping in the tent. Brian and I got up, found a tarp, ran up the hill in the freezing cold rain and threw the tarp over the tent hoping they would stay dry. Apparently the rain didn't bother them. We saw their lantern go on for a little bit, but they never came down the hill to sleep in the cabin.

The next day was lake day. Unfortunately we picked the wrong day for the lake because it started raining and pretty much didn't quit until, of course, we left. Regardless of the blah weather the kids played in the water, built sand castles and we BBQ'd shrimp on the wet sand. Even the baby had a good time, though she doesn't like rain and while it rained sat in a folding chair with a towel pulled over her head. When it wasn't raining she was down at the water, knocking over the kids' castles and stomping in their handmade moats. At one point she was standing knee deep in the water, which makes me nervous. She started roaming out a bit more. Now I'm frantic. Riley runs out to grab her and she starts to run away from him, towards the deeper water. She falls under water and Riley helps her back up. Of course, none of that bothered her. When it started to rain again, however, she wanted to go back to the car.

The next days of our stay were perfect lake weather. But we, meaning the adults, had had enough of the lake for the time being. The kids were begging to go back. Sorry! Not this time. Instead we drove to Tamarack, which is a fancy little resort near the cabin. We wandered around to see what kinds of activities we could do on our next vacation week up at the cabin and ordered a pizza at one of the restaurants. I can't wait until next year. We can go hiking and rafting and biking. The possibilities are endless. Woo hoo!

Anyway, I won't go into all the details, but I must say I love going to the cabin. It's so relaxing and nice and there isn't anything to worry about and you don't have to have anything done. You don't have to have many plans you just hang out and enjoy. Even when the weather isn't wonderful it's still nice to be up there.

The funniest thing I heard on my week home with the kids. "That isn't a nose hair, it's a hair up my nose." Okay.

Well, there was one more silly converstation: "I killed a cow once." --"You did?"--"Well, no."

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home