Pink Sheets

Sunday, February 05, 2006

That's It!

Alright, I’m mad now! I need something from somewhere that I won’t disclose quite yet because it is super secret and I can’t afford to purchase it from my budgeted checking account. I figure I’ll just take one of my credit cards, just this once, to make the purchase. I go upstairs to where all of the credit cards were stacked only to find they were no longer there. He hid them from me. Hid them!

I rummage furiously through the house looking in all the places I suspect he may hide something, which isn’t exactly easy. Especially since I only have about a half hour until I leave. I look in places that would fit all the cards together, easily accessible to Brian and places that I would never be in. Like the filing cabinet for the bills, on top of the fridge, on the top shelf of the closet, in textbooks. Nothing. They’re here somewhere! Damn it.

Fine! I’ll wait until he gets home and go through his wallet although it’s highly doubtful he would carry that many cards around with him. Maybe he has one or two. No, he has one of his but none of mine and I was tempted to just take his card and try and use it, but that’s risky. Sometimes the clerks check the back of the card for the signature. And I didn’t want to try the “oops, I grabbed the wrong card. This is my boyfriends card, I left mine at home,” trick which usually works, except once they wouldn’t let me use it. Rude! Anyway, I don’t like to use that very often since that one time.

I finally just come out and tell him I need a certain amount of money so I need one of my cards. Why? Why do you need the money? I inform him it’s none of his business. He starts asking if I owe people money or if I made a bet with someone. I stated that I didn’t do any of those things and I don’t even need cash, just a card. He told me I was hopeless. That may be true, but I need the money. He said he would leave me his debit card and I could withdraw the money from his account but whatever I’m getting him better be good. As if. Why does he think I’m getting him something?

So I told him that Jordan and I would have a nice time shopping at Wal-Mart before we head over to his parent’s house. He told me I better not be buying him anything at Wal-Mart. I told him he was a snob, when I say things like that he says I’m rude and it shouldn’t matter where the gifts are bought. It’s a little different when the gift is for him. What a dork. Anyway, I’m not even getting him anything. How presumptuous.

3 Comments:

  • I know the feeling somewhere along the way like form the first day after we got married my wife started keeping the check book. God I hate to have to ask for my own money.

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 11:02 AM, February 07, 2006  

  • I would never be allowed to have the checkbook. At least not the one from the main account. I would so not pay bills with the bill money. I'm very bad.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 11:58 AM, February 07, 2006  

  • Hubby and I have different accounts. It works well for us. But the fact Brian hid your cards...that would rub me the wrong way.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:17 PM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home