Pink Sheets

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Secret Exposed

Okay, I can finally divulge my secret Valentine Day surprise for Brian. Last night after work, I stayed late so that I could decorate his office. I bought a bouquet of balloons, and sprinkled his desk with his favorite chocolates. I set up Valentine heart lights, which he did plug in this morning and threw rose petals and confetti shaped like lips all about. It was so much fun. Probably not fun to clean up, but it was sure fun to decorate.

Also, he lied. He did get me something. Every year our office delivers carnations and the money is donated to a local hospital. They call it Karnations for Kids. Anyway, I was delivered a dozen carnations. They are lovely. I was actually delivered 14, but the dozen was from Brian. He finally fessed up to it.

I don't care if Valentine's Day was created by Hallmark. I love it!

7 Comments:

  • Wow that sounds very cool!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 12:23 PM, February 14, 2006  

  • oh gee....how great of the guy

    By Blogger Bobby, at 4:43 AM, February 15, 2006  

  • That is sweet and romantic.

    I went to that Bobby guys blog and he's not very popular. I guess other people received much worse comments than what he left here. I feel a little lucky to have got off so easy. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:56 AM, February 15, 2006  

  • Well, as I am seeing the man I was with 6 years ago, and have only really been seeing him a few weeks, I did'nt do anything, but we arranged to meet up.

    He had had photo's of our holiday together in 1998 reprinted and put in an album, bought me vouchers for underwear cos I keep moaning tht my bra's are to small, and had bought me 2 cards dependent on the mood i was in.

    This man is amazing, I'm sorry to gush!!

    By Blogger Sunshine, at 12:11 PM, February 16, 2006  

  • That is nice. Two cards? Wow!

    Your bras are too small. I'm so jealous.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:42 PM, February 16, 2006  

  • that's so silly and sweet! I am jealous that you get to work in the same building and can do this! I don't see Shawn at all during the day anymore now that he's got this new job. At least his old crappy one (that laid him off and then hired someone else for his job!) was on campus and he could stop by and we'd travel together and have lunch together.

    I love that you decorated his office. hee!

    By Blogger cat, at 11:23 AM, February 17, 2006  

  • I know, it was so much fun. It was the equivalent of decorating his locker at school. It was so juvenile, but everyone thought it was so cute.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:08 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home