Pink Sheets

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Crazy Beautiful

This week Brian and I are trying out a new routine for when we have all the kids. I drop them off in the morning and he picks them up after work. It actually works out fairly well. Tuesday night Brian was home by 5:00, when he left work at 4:00 and I was home at 5:30. Perfect. The stress levels are down and we aren’t as cranky when we get home. Last night was a little different because Jordan was added to the mix. So, Brian picks up Jordan, then Riley and Darby, and last Jillian. I was home at the usual time, 5:30, but no one else had made it home yet. I thought that was a little strange. I figured they would be back any minute.

At about 5:45 I received a call from Brian. He had just arrived at his parent’s house to get Jillian and they would be home shortly. “Wow,” I comment, “you just got there? What time did you leave work?”

“At four,” he responds.

“Really? Four? It took you a long time to get there.”

“Uh-huh. Anyway, we’ll be home in a few minutes.”

“Okay, bye.”

Alright, I’m fuming. Why in the world would it take him almost twice as long when he’s picking up one more child, who isn’t that much out of the loop? What the hell is going on here? Well, I’m going to approach the matter very delicately when he gets home.

They get home and I welcome everyone with a big smile and continue making dinner. I take my sweet little baby out of her car seat and place her in the bouncy chair in the kitchen. Then very nonchalantly I mention while chopping onions, “maybe I should pick Jordan up when he’s at school. That way it won’t take twice as long for you to get home.”

“Oh, there’s no need. Really. It was just a weird day. You know, traffic and all.”

“Really? Traffic? Traffic was pretty bad at four was it? It seemed fine at five when I left.”

“Well, there was the car chase that happened.”

“Yes, there was the car chase, but that happened in Nampa and that should only effect the last few minutes of your trip. Do you realize I’m holding a knife, Brian? Do you?” I swing the knife in his face. “You better tell me what the hell your hiding before I take this knife and stab it in your gut. I will do it!” I tell him with clenched teeth.

Apparently he made a stop on his way home that was very much out of the way, but he decided to tease me with this information. Basically letting me freak out for his own personal pleasure. Rude!

However, this is how I have been feeling towards him lately. Crazy jealous. I don’t even know why. Nothing has changed in our relationship that would make me act this way and yet, when he talks about how hot some girl on TV is, it makes me want to pick the TV up in some kind of Incredible Hulk fashion and throw it at his head. It used to be that when he mentioned some girl’s hotness I would take a look at her and either agree “yeah, I’d do her” or disagree, “eh, I could take her or leave her”.

Or when he gets his Playboy and flips through the pages, oohing and aahing. I just ignore him or roll my eyes. But these days, I want to take the magazine from his hands, roll it up, and swat him a million times, like someone would do to a puppy who just peed on the floor. I may be losing my mind. I’m so not okay with that.

12 Comments:

  • you just had a baby not too long ago... you might not remember that, so I am reminding you... this could all be hormonal jealousy you know. :)

    although I don't really know not ever having had a baby. ;)

    By Blogger cat, at 10:30 AM, February 23, 2006  

  • Okay, it could be hormonal. I think it might be a little. Though, for the record I want everyone to know I am much better than I was back in December. I hope it's just hormones. Those usually sort themselves out on their own.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:55 AM, February 23, 2006  

  • You need a snickers bar, a drink and lots of kinky loving from Brian! That should cure you till morning.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:14 AM, February 23, 2006  

  • Envoyette, that sounds like exactly what I need.

    Toothfairy I am not prego!!! Oh my God, I would die! I know this for sure, if you get the hint. And of course you get mad about the ex, because the ex is always a psycho, crazy freak. Except for me, I'm an ex but I'm not crazy or pyscho. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:36 PM, February 23, 2006  

  • Um... *whine*

    Would you do me?

    *whimper*

    By Blogger Beth, at 5:49 PM, February 23, 2006  

  • Of course!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:05 AM, February 24, 2006  

  • You have a lot on your plate right now, so its understandable why you're feeling a little off. I agree with everyone else, the hormones will make you feel a little crazy.

    Just take care of yourself. And explain to Brian that he is not to mess around with you when you get in these kinds of moods.

    By Blogger Trista, at 7:15 AM, February 24, 2006  

  • You would think that he would just know that by now! What is with these boys. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:17 AM, February 24, 2006  

  • I think you just need a break. I know my wife does from time to time. Hey we all do. There are weekends that I have loaded up my kids in the car and just let her have a day to herself.......talk to your hubby about something like that. :-}

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 2:04 PM, February 24, 2006  

  • I agree with everyone else... must be hormones. I'm sure you'll back to normal in no time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM, February 25, 2006  

  • I know, Playboy is nothing compared to some of the stuff, which is why I usually don't even care and why I think I'm losing my mind. Ugh, thanks for the hug!

    Speaking of hormones, my fricking hair is falling out by the handfuls. I forgot that happened.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:12 AM, February 26, 2006  

  • Lass, why did you have to bring up the epidural? Do you not remember my labor story??? How I cried and cried for the entire 40 minutes I was in labor telling those nurses I wanted my epidural and it's so unfair that they wouldn't give it to me. Just because a person is ready to push is no reason to with hold such a precious, precious drug.

    Just kidding. No, I didn't get the epidural. But my hair is seriously falling out. It's so gross.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:53 AM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home