Pink Sheets

Friday, September 24, 2004

Love Notes

Wednesday, I packed up Riley and Darby’s lunch for school and decided it would be nice if I left Riley a little note in his bag telling him to have a good day. I found a purple post-it note and wrote, “Riley, I hope your having a good day. Love, Mom.” I put a little sticker on it for an added touch and placed it on top of his mandarin oranges.

When I picked them up for school I noticed Riley had the purple post-it note in his hand. When we reached the car he exclaims, “why did you leave me a love note?!”

I answered, “because I thought you would like it. Didn’t you like it?”

He tells me that I should have left Darby a note too. Why hadn’t I left Darby a note?

I explained that she can’t read, so I only left him a note this time.

He told me, “she could have taken it to her teacher. I showed my teacher mine.”

“What did your teacher say.”

“She said, ‘ooh, how sweet!’”

It’s always surprising to me the way kids react to things you do for them. Especially when it’s out of the ordinary. Most of the time they hate change to their routine, but every once in awhile you find that one gesture that can brighten their day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home